When burning your Salty Honey candles please adhere to the following recommendations:
- Allow the candle to burn for at least 3-4 hours when first lit to allow for an adequate melt pool.
- Allow the melt pool to completely reach the edges of your candle every time you burn to help create a ‘burn memory’ and prevent tunnelling of the wax.
- Never burn your candle for more than 3 hours at a time. Keep away from children, pets and any flammable items.
- Burn tests have been conducted for all our candles. However, as each candle is hand-poured, some variances may occur. Never leave a lit candle unattended.
- Wooden candle wicks still require care between burns. Instead of trimming the wick, simply pinch the tip to remove any ash. This will avoid the flame burning too high and stop melted candle wax turning black from soot during your next burn.